News You Can Use
- From Fast Company: 5 Steps to Negotiating a Better SalaryNo matter if you’re a seasoned professional or a recent college grad eager for your first job offer, knowing how to negotiate your salary is vital. Here’s how to get this sometimes-awkward conversation right.
- The Real Difference Between Leadership and Management, And Why Most People Struggle to Make the GradeUnderstanding the transition will help increase your chance of actually making it.
- Avoid The Tax Breaks That Cost You MoneySome strategies reduce your income taxes but cost you more than the taxes that were saved.
- The leader's brain: Neuroscience in the workplaceWant to optimize what goes on in your head? Neuroscience is finding a way. In this Q&A with Michael Platt, director of the Wharton Neuroscience Initiative, read how leaders can be more clear and effective communicators.
- After spending 730 days straight with her kids, she vacationed without them, and learned that she forgot how to be aloneThe past year left Megan Margulies, like many other parents, wanting to find a moment alone, away from her children and partner. Here's what happened on her quick getaway for her 40th birthday.