College Planning for Both Student and Parents Workshop
FACT: Almost 50% of All College Students DROP OUT
Students and parents, are you looking for answers regarding funding, deadlines, and applications? What about colleges, majors, and careers? Did you know that over 50% of students who start college are forced to drop out?
Here is another startling statistic:
QUESTION: How long do you think it takes the average student to complete their bachelor’s degree? Were you hoping around four years?
ANSWER: 6 YEARS
We believe that is because the typical high school student (and parent) does not have a basic knowledge of how the whole college process really works, or how to prepare for a successful and fulfilling college experience. At the end of the day that causes the college student to change course, change majors, maybe even changing colleges. And that leads to running out of money.
What about the price you are being quoted by the college for tuition, books, software, and room-and-board? Are you paying the ‘sticker price’ they quote to everyone? Would you pay sticker price for a new car at the dealership? NO you would not.
The good news is that there is help available. Downey Financial Group offers today’s most comprehensive college planning resource program powered by College Funding Solutions, Inc. Attend our FREE workshop and get the answers to all your questions in a simple, easy to follow format – including why effective early planning is crucial! Come find all the college prep and funding answers you are looking for in less than an hour! What to do, when to do it, and how to get the most from your efforts. No more need to spend countless hours on the Internet, or struggling with other resources, to try and make sense of the whole process.
Some of the topics that will be discussed:
- How to Correctly Complete the FAFSA forms.
- Early Decision on Actual College to Attend – Good or Bad?
- Impact of Private Sector Award.
- ACT/SAT Test Preparation Techniques.
- Merit Aid vs. Need-Based Aid.
- What is the EFC? / What are Our EFC Options?
- Evaluating / Appealing Award Letters.
- Pitfalls that Must be Avoided.
- Why You Can’t Miss Crucial Deadlines.
- Colleges’ Teaser Offers – What to Do?
- Campus Visits – How to Set the Foundation.
- Identifying Your Best Educational Values.
- And MUCH more…